Monday, February 1, 2010

Occupation

I just looked at my blog here and noticed that my "about me" still said I just moved from Oakland, just left Frick, and have a baby. So I updated it.

It now says that I stay home with my 2 boys, and have various jobs. Oh yeah, and I cleared out the occupation information, which still read "Education - Teacher."

I'm not sure if it's terrifying or reassuring, but I think that may be the first time I have admitted, in writing, to my primary job not being, well, a job. There, I said it. And in the same breath (or sentence rather) I said that being a "stay at home mom" isn't a job. I'm not sure I'm supposed to say that. But I did anyway, and I'm not deleting it.

1 comment:

namethatmolnar said...

Yes, I have that same internal argument every day. I've been thinking about your post about Chris leaving school a lot. How is he doing? We had school-battles with Viv about this time last year, and chalked them up to baby insecurities and just plowed through them. You know, listen to your kids and all that. But she truly loves it this year (and did last year too) - I think it's a think about realizing suddenly that your mama is not connected to you, and that, in fact, she Does Things When You Are Not There. And those things might be Interesting and include chocolate.